Student Winners Announced for Best ACE Presentations
Please log in to read the full article
Student award winners have been announced for best oral poster presentations at the recent AAPG Annual Convention and Exhibition in Pittsburgh.
For the best oral presentations, the winners are:
- First place – Stephen Holtkamp, Miami University, Oxford, Ohio, for the paper, “A More Complete Catalog of the 2011 Youngstown, Ohio, Earthquake Sequence From Template Matching Reveals a Strong Correlation to Pumping at a Wastewater Injection Well.”
Holtkamp also won the George C. Matson Award, presented for the best paper presented at an ACE. It is the first time in AAPG history that a[PFItemLinkShortcode|id:2529|type:standard|anchorText:student member won both awards|cssClass:|title:Pittsburgh Provided a Unique ACE Location|PFItemLinkShortcode] in the same year.
- Second place – Michael Zeller, University of Miami, Fla.
- Third place – Courtney Kolesar, Univesity of Pittsburgh.
- Fourth place – Robert Heller, Stanford University.
The best student poster awards for the Pittsburgh ACE went to:
- First place – Bryan Ott, University of Houston.
- Second place – Luis Carlos Carvajal Arenas, University of Houston.
- Third place – Lucia Torrado, University of Houston.
- Fourth place – Oluwatobi Olobayo, University of Manchester, England.
All awardees are AAPG members.
Shell has supported student technical awards since 1989, this year providing $22,500 in prize money that is split between the winning students and their respective universities.