DEG 2016 Honors and Awards
Please log in to read the full article
AAPG’s Division of Environmental Geosciences (DEG) is pleased to announce the recipients of its 2016 awards for service to the organization and for presentations (oral and poster) given at the 2015 Annual Convention and Exhibition (ACE) in Denver.
- The Bernold M. “Bruno” Hanson Excellence of Presentation Award for Best Paper at the 2015 Annual Convention goes to J. Moortgat and H.R. Brourman for “Viscous and gravitational fingering in EOR and carbon sequestration.”
- The President’s Certificate for Excellence in Presentation (Oral) goes to A.C. Hutton and R.S. Balch for “Geologic modeling of an active CO2 EOR and carbon storage project using 3-D seismic models and extracted attributes, Farnsworth, Texas.”
- The Best Poster at the 2015 Annual Convention goes to S. Flewelling, M. Sharma, D. Merrill, A. Lewis and J. Rominger for “Evaluation of human health risks via drinking water for spills of hydraulic fracturing fluids.”
- The President’s Certificate for Excellence in Presentation (Poster) goes to A.W. Laake and Z. Wolfe for “Geohazards in Green Canyon, Gulf of Mexico.”
- The DEG Past-Presidents Award is given to Jeffrey Paine for his service in 2014-2015.
The DEG Certificate of Merit is awarded to:
- Doug Peters for his outstanding efforts in the coordination of the technical program for the 2015 ACE and the compilation of the technical judging scores to award the Best Paper and Best Poster Awards.
- John Hughes for his global efforts in the coordination of the technical program for the 2015 Melbourne ICE.