For many of us, December truly is the most wonderful time of the year – a chance to pause, catch our breath and reflect on the year that’s about to end.
This year, the AAPG Foundation’s Board of Trustees and Trustee Associates officers are looking back with gratitude for the generous, ongoing gifts so many have given to help make a brighter tomorrow for our Foundation, our Association, our profession and our future.
Since its inception in 1967, the AAPG Foundation has invested millions in supporting educational and scientific activities in the field of geology. By providing grants, scholarships and more to deserving students, educators, organizations and professionals, we’ve put the generosity of our donors into action all over the world.
- Introducing young students to geology by funding creative educational programming and curricula developed by organizations specializing in K-12 education
- Placing grants directly into the hands of university students to assist their pursuit of geology degrees and careers
- Enabling professionals to share their knowledge with students worldwide through lectures and visits to university campuses
- Funding programs that provide opportunities for students and young professionals to improve the quality of life for people around the world through humanitarian relief efforts using geoscience technology
- Recognizing outstanding leaders and educators for their achievements in geoscience
That’s all part of our mission – and with your continued generosity we want to make sure that legacy endures.
We know that you have many options when it comes to your end-of-year giving. We hope you will consider one of the many Foundation funds that appeal to you.
Is the AAPG Foundation a 501(c)(3) Organization?
Yes! The AAPG Foundation is a 501(c)(3), tax-exempt, nonprofit, public foundation, qualified to receive contributions in support of worthwhile educational and scientific programs or projects related to the geosciences. Contributions are tax-deductible to the extent allowable to U.S. taxpayers.
Please remember to consult with your financial adviser, accountant or attorney for specific tax-related benefits applicable to your situation.
How Will My Contribution Be Allocated?
Your support of AAPG Foundation programs is crucial to our success and reflects your personal commitment to fulfilling our mission.
We also know that you may wish to support a specific program or you may wish to support the Foundation’s work in a more general way. Whatever your desire, know that 100 percent of your contribution will go to the program(s) that you designate.
You can designate any AAPG Foundation fund you choose – and if you choose not to designate a specific fund, your gift will be placed in the General Fund.
How Can I Donate?
Contribute online at foundation.aapg.org; or contact us by phone (918) 560-2644, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail, P.O. Box 979, Tulsa, Okla. 74101.
The AAPG Foundation continues to be a strong support to this and future generations of geoscientists, thanks to you.