DL Program Due Busy Month
Please log in to read the full article
February is a busy month for the AAPG Distinguished Lecture program, with four
speakers offering talks. They are:
- Kitty Milliken, senior research scientist at the Jackson School of Geosciences, the University of Texas at Austin, and this year’s J. Ben Carsey Lecturer, will complete her winter tour with a Feb. 15 lecture to the Corpus Christi Geological Society.
- Rebecca Latimer, geoscientist and team leader for stratigraphy and geostatistics services, Chevron Energy Technology Co. in Houston, continues her year as the AAPG-SEG Intersociety Distinguished Lecturer with two talks this month. Her speaking dates are:
- Feb. 20 -- Oklahoma City Geophysical/Geological Society.
- Feb. 21 -- Dallas Geophysical/Geological Society.
- Mark Rowan, president of Rowan Consulting in Boulder, Colo., will be offering two topics: “Collisional Fold-and-Thrust Belts Detached on Salt,” and “Salt-Sediment Interaction During Diapir Growth.” His speaking dates are:
- Feb. 21 -- Canadian Society of Petroleum Geologists, Calgary, Canada.
- Feb. 22 -- Montana Geological Society, Billings, Mont.
- Feb. 23 -- Montana State University, Bozeman, Mont.
- Feb. 24 -- Idaho State University, Pocatello, Idaho.
- Feb. 28 -- Tulsa Geological Society.
- March 1 -- University of California- Santa Barbara.
- March 2 -- University of Wyoming, Laramie.
- James Markello, res supervisor/res adviser for ExxonMobil Research, Houston, will offer two topics: “The Carbonate Analogs Through Time (CATT) Hypothesis -- A Systematic and Predictive Look at Phanerozoic Carbonate Reservoirs,” and “Integrated Research for Carbonate Reservoirs.” His speaking dates are:
- Feb. 27 -- University of Wyoming, Laramie.
- Feb. 28 -- Rocky Mountain Section of SEPM/RMAG, Denver.
- March 1 -- Montana Geological Society, Billings.
- March 2 -- Washington State University, Pullman.
- March 3 -- Nevada Petroleum Society, Reno.
- March 6 -- Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah.
- March 7 -- Idaho State University, Pocatello, Idaho.
- March 8 -- University of California- Davis, Calif.
- March 9 -- Roswell Geological Society, Roswell, N.M.
- March 10 -- New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, N.M.